Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Say It Differently (Literally!)

It is that time of the year again - time to carve out that special day for your significant other . While a lot of us may be planning elaborate details for the perfect evening or day, I have decided to learn to say those special words differently in languages from around the globe. The short poem that follows is derived from the same.


In soft whispers, I'll say I love you tonight,
As your cheeks turn red, will you stay mute.
Or reply in kind, perhaps in a new light,
I'll listen, I'll wait , at the spot take root.

Te amo you may sing or Aš tave myliu,
How about Mikvarhar lady?
or simply Main Tumse Pyaar Karti Hun,
Maybe try the Welsh way, Rwy'n dy garu di.

Nagligivagit may leave you tongue-twisted,
Simply say Je t'aime or Volim te.
Wo ai ni , try Mandarin or the Hungarian Szeretlek,
Guess where they say Aloha wau ia'oe !

Sarang hae , look east, further still Aishiteru,
S'agapo from the Greeks my dear.
Seni seviorum or from Russia, Ya tebya liubliu
A simple Phom rak khun in my ear.

Perhaps it's best you sit still
The silence speaks to me too
A language that all voids does fill
You can say it again, I love you!



Hard work , right? Well saying it will definitely be worth it! Go give it a try (nudges)!

Important P.S. :
For the what means what in what: 
Infographic On the Different Ways of Saying I love You

1 comment:

Smile away , cuz the world is worth it!