Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Saturday, December 24, 2011

A thought for food, a restaurant for me!


A few days ago I was studying some electronic devices and happened to chance upon the word MOSFET. Now MOSFET, electronically speaking, is a metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (a heavy expansion, right?) and happens to be the most loathsome (yet useful) electronic component that you shall ever come across. This is not what I want to share though (sorry!). The device is of little use to me (presently). It was the acronym that caught my attention. To me (weirdly though) it seemed like the name of a chocolate wafer! Now, let us not jump to conclusions just yet. I am (as a few people suggest) the most sane and sensible of people with a practical mind. You might (or rather definitely) disagree with me here, but hey I do not control the subconscious, especially when the thing in question is FOOD!
My mother says that I don’t eat to live but live to eat! And I am in complete agreement with this observation. The foodie in me cannot resist the thought of his beloved once in a while and it is solely due to this reason that I already have a retirement plan (I’m still a first year undergraduate yes!). I shall open a restaurant (after a world food tour!!)
Yes my very own restaurant!! …..Chez _______ (I am still choosing the name, do suggest some).
In this context I should mention my conversation with N. on the prospect of having my own restaurant. While I was trying to convince N. that MOSFET sounds more like a chocolate wafer than some insensible scientific jargon, I had a brainwave. I decided to fuse the ideas of the engineer in me with those of the foodie and this is what this match churned out:





Aye! This is what the menu of an electrical engineer's restaurant would look like (certainly not a disaster!). It is a long way from what it will be 40 odd years from now, but this definitely is a start. (the excitement gets to you, doesn't it?). 
So, in the future if you need a really 'electrically' delicious meal, drop by and I can guarantee that you shall leave 'charged' and content! 

And to the foodie in you I say  Bon Appetit! 






2 comments:

  1. you know my electronics external practical was on MOSFET :P the viva of which was french :P and the combined powers of stepper, induction, p-n, synchronous, et cetera are likely to give me a back in electrical machines :P but all that is nt such a nightmare after reading your delicious menu :D that this post is awesome, is elementary, my dear Watt-son :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanku archika! :) and I hope electrical machines does not sour ur report :D

    ReplyDelete

Smile away , cuz the world is worth it!