Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Unnamed Poem


This was written some time back. After constant motivation, I decided to give other poetic genres a try. This is again another experiment in poetry. I hope it is satisfactory for the audience. However, I shall beg mercy for not being able to name this venture.Hope it is good.

Long as the shadows grow,
A ragged figure crouches down
Oft I have seen him bend and break
A pile of papers for a bed, dirt his crown.

A smile so infectious, he waves,
Yet the kid scoots, searching eyes hidden away.
Disgusted, seems the baker across,
Locking the wares, a closure to his day.

The banker invades the old man’s land,
Treads the insignificant with calm and ease.
The smile undying, still ; Pass as you will,
He never complains, but joyfully shares a piece.

Secrets spill out , he pulls out a wrapper
A forager’s victory , his eyes shine bright
Contentment in each morsel, the counted few
I see ,as I draw my curtains close for the night.

4 comments:

  1. what more to say, apart from beautiful :) the simplicity draws the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot archika! :) I am glad that it was worthy of such comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about it being 'satisfactory to the audience'! If this poem stands for all poetry that you write, you are extremely talented. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Smile away , cuz the world is worth it!